Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need Photo pci 6221

Hi! 

On my сard burned out 6221 one of the elements. It is labeled T1. Who knows his name or photo to a card in high resolution.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,207 Views)

Hello Stuch,

If any of the component is burned on your card, I strongly recomend to send the card back to NI for repair. Please contact your local technical support.

Interestingly enough, I have looked into board component, and I didn't find any description for component called T1. Moreover, I don't believe the photo is going to be anyhow helpful, as it doesn't specify what component it is.

Regards,

Stefo

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,184 Views)

I found T1 (looking from the connector, the corner on the right facing you). It's a nameless SMD device.

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,181 Views)

Felix, thanks!

You could not describe it any color, and is there a some strips of another color? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,103 Views)

No, it si just black SMD component. Without proper schematic or component description, you might not be able to find out what it is.

Could you please tell us how exactly does the foto should help you? On the photo you could just see that it is just black SMD component with metalic leads. And that is about all. No colour strips, it is SMD. It might be resistor, capacitor, or even something else. You will not be able to get exact value of it.

I believe that the best you should do is to contact your local technical support from National Instruments to ask for repair.

regards,

Martin Stefik,

Application Engineer

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,094 Views)

Hi Stuch,

What revision of the 6221 are you using?  T1 is a ferrite bead that is located before the 5V pin on the I/O connector.  It is rated at 3A and should be protected by a fuse.

If you were on an earlier revision of the 6221 that used an unprotected polyswitch fuse, it would be possible for the fuse to fail if it was shorted for an extended duration which might cause the ferrite to burn out.  All customers who purchased affected products should have received a notification about the behavior (essentially what is included in the above link).

The newer revision of the 6221 uses a single-shot fuse to protect the polyswitch fuse, so if the polyswitch fuse fails the end result is a permanently open fuse rather than a burned out component (which could be a potential safety risk).

I don't have a close-up photo handy of T1, but hopefully the above explanation answers your questions.  The failure was likely caused by an extended short of the 5V rail which could have caused the polyswitch fuse to fail.  I can confirm if you let me know which revision of the 6221 you are using (the part number should be listed on the board).  To set up an RMA you should contact NI by phone.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,056 Views)

Thanks to John Passiak!

I am satisfied with the answer, which is received from you. I will look at the number of the board, as well as think about the other day, and write a number of the board or a representative svyazhusm NI in Russia.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,028 Views)