Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have AT-MIO-16D and need to upgrade to PCI cards

We have dead PC hardware and wish to upgrade the system to new Dell hardware. We need to replace our old DAQ cards with new PCI cards and move from old VB 3.0 application to VB6. IT department wishes us to move to their standards - Dell hardware, XP and VB6.

Any advice on XP/2000 and which would be best NI hardware card to select to reduce the conversion time on the project?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,512 Views)
A PCI-6025E is pretty close to a AT-MIO-16D. The only major difference is that the 16D has 5 digital ports (port 0 & 1 are 4-bit ports, & 2-4 are 8 bit ports), while the PCI-6025E has 4 8-bit ports. The PCI-6025E is supported by traditional DAQ, which I'm guessing is the driver you'll need to stick with. There are also several M-Series devices that are similar in functionality, but they are not supported by Traditional NI-DAQ, so you'd have to port your application to NI-DAQmx. The PCI-6025E may be a better choice for you at this time, because it is supported by both Traditional DAQ and NI-DAQmx, so you wouldn't have to change APIs immediately. I do recommend that you eventually move to DAQmx, though.

--Joe
Message 2 of 2
(2,509 Views)