Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get Error -201190 during normal use of an USB-6210

The USB-6210 is used in an automated test system. During normal use Error -201190 occurs periodically. It states that the device is currently not usable and must be placed in firmware loader mode by unplugging the device USB cable and plug it back in. After the plugging the device works again - until next time the device gets "not usable". When not failing with Error -201190 the device functions as intended. Sometimes the error occurs during power up of the test system - sometimes after hours of intended use. I have seen it once in MAX trying to make a self-test of the device. It has not been possible to provoke the error. So why does the DAQmx have to re-download the firmware to the USB-6210 during normal use and what can I do about it?
It has nothing to do with installing or downgrading DAQmx – the same version is used all the time.

NI-DAQmx 9.3.5
MAX 5.1
LabView 2011 SP1 (11.01.1) 32 bit
TestSTand 2010 SP1 (4.5.1.134)
Windows 7 32 bit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,866 Views)

Hi PcaRmed.

I know this has been a problem with our older DAQmx drivers, especially when upgrading the drivers. Even though you have been using the same driver, I still think we should try to upgrade the driver to the newest version. DAQmx 9.3.5 is about 1½ year old, and many improvements and bug-fixes has been made since.

The newest version is DAQmx 9.7.5, and does support the version of LabVIEW you are using as well as the USB-6210.

* NI-DAQmx 9.7.5

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,849 Views)