Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot get MAX to recognise my USB 6009 module

I just installed NI DAQ 8.10 from the website in order to use a USB-6009 device in conjuction with an existing Fieldpoint system.  I got one error during the installation, plus when I restarted it said there was an error with nidevmon.exe (device monitor I figured out).  When I attempted to install the device itself windows recognized and installed it, but I cannot see it in MAX.  I've already re-installed the DAQ software, but apparently doing so did not fix the problems with device monitor.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,671 Views)

Hello Dave M-Prx,

Can you post either a screenshot of the error or its text?  Also, do you have the NI Device Monitor icon in your toolbar?  If so, try right-clickin on it and uncheck the "run at startup" option. 

Is this a new USB-6009 that you are trying to use?  I ask because if it has previously been used with NI-DAQmx Base, you may have to switch the firmware as described in this knowledgebase

Regards,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,661 Views)

Thanks for your quick response.  After a bit more struggling yesterday afternoon I determined that device monitor was not working properly, so I did a repair/re-install and everything is working correctly now.

Thanks again,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,658 Views)