Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot add voltage channels because of a Call Library Node error.

I have properly wired the array, as per the wiring diagram within the DAQ Assistant, but am only able to add 15 of the 49 channels that are required.  I keep getting this message (and the DAQ Assistant freezes) when attempting to add additional voltage channels:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LabVIEW:  An exception occurred within the external code called by a Call Library Node.  This might have corrupted the LabVIEW's memory.  Save any work to a new location and restart LabVIEW.

VI "BlockletContainerState 19.vi" was stopped at node 0xA10 of subVI "DAQmxAssistant_DAQms Create AI Channel (sub).vi"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do I continue to get this message and what can I do to fix the problem?  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,477 Views)
Hi DEF,

That's a pretty peculiar error that you're getting.  You shouldn't have any problems by default when using that many channels with the DAQ Assistant.  It makes me think that there is maybe a conflict between the size of the array of data and the number of channels that you attempting to write.

The best way to test that would be to simply look at the array size of the input array and verify that it is the same number of rows as there are channels of data to be written.

If everything appears to be in order, then there is a small possibility that it's a problem with the DAQ Assistant.  One way to check that would be to use one of the example programs and try to write your data that way.  You can find the examples here:
Help > Find Examples > Browse > Hardware Input and Output > DAQmx

If neither of those works, it could mean that the drivers were corrupted.  If that's the case, then you'll need to download the latest version of the drivers and reinstall them.
Edit: 8.3 is now live!
NI-DAQmx Version 8.3 for Windows 2000/XP

Let us know what works, or if you still can't quite get it, post your code so we can see what you're working with.

Regards,

Message Edited by Otis [DE] on 08-07-2006 02:12 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,460 Views)