Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't install ni daqmx driver

Hi

when I install ni daqmx I couldn't find drivers in device manager I installed it for about 3 times but I have this problem

I have a Vostro1015 dell laptop and windows 8  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,807 Views)

What DAQmx device are you attempting to use?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,799 Views)

Are you able to see NI-DAQmx in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX), under My System » Software? You should see NI-DAQmx Device Driver 9.x (or whatever version you've downloaded). If you can see this in MAX, then the NI-DAQmx driver is installed. 

dK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,782 Views)
Actually I try to work with Matlab , in Matlab I have to use my USB drivers after searching I find out NI-DAQmx can solve my problem
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,758 Views)
Yes I can see it but under devices and interfaces I see just Network devices not any USB drivers
Please help me I really need to use my USB drivers in Matlab
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,756 Views)

What DAQmx device are you attempting to use?

Also, we need you to be VERY specific when you ask questions and update us with information. After installing DAQmx you should be able to see your device under "Devices and Interfaces". You should be able to right-click and self-test or run test panels. This ensures that the driver from NI is installed and working correctly.

This is also where you can rename your device to what Matlab is expecting (like "Dev1" or "SuperAwesomeDAQDevice")

For Matlab, I assume you have to use https://www.mathworks.com/products/daq/index.html but I've never used it so I don't know for sure. There may be some tips and examples you could use to start.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,742 Views)
Well under devices and interface I can't see any thing just network!
As I said in device manager of windows I can't find any driver of DAQmx
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,738 Views)

You will not be able to see NI-DAQmx in Windows Device Manager because it is a driver, not a device. Which DAQ device are you attempting to use?

dK
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,727 Views)