From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not able to generate the two different type of signal independently using PCI6723 DAQ Card

Hello

I am using  two sensor with  different types , one is one sample on demand & other is continuous sample on demand .
If I have use the PCI6713 DAQ Card I am able to generate two different types signals independently . If I have use the PCI6723 DAQ Card I am not able to generate the two different type of signal independently .Is there any difference between PCI6713 & PCI6723 DAQ Card

Regards

Sanjeev Ganapati Naik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,226 Views)

Can you be bit more specific ?. what is the signal you are generating? Analog Output?. If yes you cannot use different configuration at the same instant because the card is using single DAC (I guess).

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,225 Views)

I am generating frequency  in A0 & DC signal  in A1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,223 Views)

No I don't think that will work. Both are entirely different configuration the card can support one configuration in a task and you cannot have different task for the same output type in the same card.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,217 Views)

If i want to generate frequency and dc voltage simultaneously I need two different 6723 card

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,213 Views)

Yes otherwise you can search for cards which has individual DAC for each channel ( But am not sure how good that will work for your requirement ).

-----

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,211 Views)

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,209 Views)

You CAN generate both an AC and DC signal to the different analog outputs. The only thing is that you have to use a single task. If you have a waveform for the ac signal, also use a waveform for the dc. Just have all of the Y values the same. Pretty basic actually.

However, your original post says you have two different sensors and that would imply that you need to read two separate signals - not generate anything.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,204 Views)

I can't speak to the 6723 board in particular, but I'm pretty sure that many boards with AO would allow you to have exactly one hardware-timed AO task simultaneous with one or more software-timed AO tasks. 

This can come in handy if there's a need in your app to occasionally change the DC offset value.  It's just easier to deal with than if it were a 2nd channel of a continuous-generation task.  However if you *don't* need to change the DC channel value, just do it like Dennis K said.  You may have to anyway if the 6723 doesn't the support the mode I've been talking about.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,192 Views)

Thanks Kevin,

I forgot about that option. You're right that it can be very handy

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,190 Views)