From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am measuring temperature using SCXI-1100 chasis', SCXI-1102 modules, TBX-1303 terminal blocks and K type thermocouples. I have a meter

that measures current through the device under test, and provides an output. Can I run that current measurement to the TBX-1303 terminal block and set up a channel to read it, eventhough the remaining channels on the TBX-1303 are set up for thermocouples?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,513 Views)
that measures current through the device under test, and provides an output. Can I run that current measurement to the TBX-1303 terminal block and set up a channel to read it, eventhough the remaining channels on the TBX-1303 are set up for thermocouples?You can use the SCXI process-current resistor pack to convert individual channels to measure current rather than voltage. Since the resistors are installed on a per-channel basis, there should be no problem using the unmodified channels for thermocouple measurements.

The SCXI-1102 User Manual describes where to install the process-current resistors for each channel.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,513 Views)
that measures current through the device under test, and provides an output. Can I run that current measurement to the TBX-1303 terminal block and set up a channel to read it, eventhough the remaining channels on the TBX-1303 are set up for thermocouples?The SCXI resistor pack is precision 249 ohm resistors, so you can use a 249 ohm resistor if you want.

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,513 Views)