From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for a DAQ system that can provide a 5V output

I am looking for information on a DAQ system that can provide a pulsed output of 5V to act as an excitation voltage for a soil moisture sensor. The output needs to be approx 10 mA and pulsed for about 10 ms.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,762 Views)

Hi Joel,

For your purposes check a NI USB 6009 Data aquisition card. It's digital output lined can provide exactly this same voltage level that you need. The maximum output current seems to be a little lower and its about 8,5-9 mA . USB 6009 is very convinient and simple in use, but try to use NI DAQ mx version 8.0 or later to cooperate with it.

Regards,

Johnnie.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,754 Views)
I suppose I should clarify something. I am looking for a DAQ system that can provide a pulsed 5V output, and also measure up to several dozen thermocouple inputs. Is there a module that can fit side by side with something like a SCXI 1102 with a SCXI 1303 Terminal block. That is the current set up that I am using in a SCXI 1000 chassis.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,734 Views)

Maybe this is a silly answer due to my only theoretical knowledge of SCXI, anyway...

If your SCXI chassis is connected to PC via a multifunction DAQ board you should have access to digital and timing lines of this board, supposingly via a scxi-1180 or better scxi-1181 module.If this is true, you could use a counter of your daq board to generate the square wave signal you need, but you will need to add a transistor in output since counter lines are not capable of such a current as you require. This transistor and a couple of external components could be housed on the breadboard part of 1181 module.

I hope this can help you a little...

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,719 Views)