Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am interested in using a PCI MIO16x board for a stepper motor controller. Does anyone have any thoughts

I need to develop a stepper motor control using a PCI MIO16x board.I have tried using a delay pulse generated by a counter, inside a loop to step the motors clock but the stepper is jumpy. I also tried to use the generate pulse train VI but this requires 2 counters and I will need one of the counters for other parts of the control. I tried to use one of the dig channels to pulse the stepper clock but the pref is still jumpy. I need to have a consistent rate change and be able to step a specific number of steps. This is for a throttle controller on an engine test stand and needs to change the rate of change for different parts of the test. Your
thoughts are appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,173 Views)
My recommendation would be to purchase one of the motion control cards. There is a new stepper controller card that is less than $1000 (barely). Then you can use all the Flexmotion vis that do everything you need. You shouldn't try to reinvent the wheel. The time you will save is worth more than you will spend on the card.

Bruce
Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,173 Views)