Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having trouble installing 6.9.2 on a W2K system.

I am having trouble installing 6.9.2 on a W2K system. I tried using the same CD and installing on another W2K system and it installs o.k. This system will let me install LabView, TestStand, and Fieldpoint, but did not let me install Daq 6.9.2.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,250 Views)
Elias

You should be able to install nidaq 6.9.2 without a problem. If the installation doesn't work from the CD, does it work if you download the file from ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/daq/pc/ni-daq/ and install it from there. Make sure you include the LabVIEW support file. Furthermore, if you still have issues, let us know what the error message and number that you get is.

Hope this information is helpful.

L Aguila
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,250 Views)
I tried another CD writer, and this time the program started o.k. and did not stall. It went through the installation procedure without a problem. I went ahead and installed a PCI-6602 and a PCI-6035E, but when the machine booted up, it did not pick up the drivers for it. I tried to manually assign the drivers but found that the drivers were not even available. I went into Measurement Automation Explorer and the software explorer did not detect the NIDaq installed. I checked in the windows desktop and the NIdaq was also not found. Then I reinstalled NIDaq and noticed that when it says features being added nothing is listed as bein added. I go back to the previous page and check the folder to add support for 5.0 and then the next page tells me that sup
port driver files for 5.0 will be added but nothing else.

I ended up using the NIDaq 6.9.1 and everything installed without a glitch.

You can reach me by phone 956-544-0342 X-2381 or x-2396 if you need more detailed explanations or clarifications on the existing conditions.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,250 Views)