Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to wire inputs 32 to 80 (NI 6225) using the SCB-68

I've obtained a couple pdf files at ni.com showing an SCB-68 quick reference for M series devices, but it only indicated analog inputs up to 31.  How do you wire analog inputs 32 to 80 for a NI 6225?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,263 Views)
A quick look at the 6225 manual shows that it has (2) 68 pin connectors- one for GP I/O and analog inputs 0-15, and the second one covers analog inputs 16-79. So you may need (2) cables and (2) SCB-68's. Wiring will depend on whether you are using differential or single-ended inputs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,257 Views)
Yes, I have two cables and SCB-68's.  The first will get me inputs 0 to 15, the second gives me 16 to 31.  It's inputs 32 to 79 that have me puzzled.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,252 Views)

Actually, what it looks like to me is that if I want to use an  SCB-68 to get at the other inputs, I can't use the pre-configured signal conditioning pads on the SCB-68 circuit board.... I just have to do my own thing  😞

By using the SCB-68 (and signal conditioning pads) to wire inputs inputs 16 to 31 in differential mode with a bias resistor tied to AIGND... I end up having to sacrifice a bunch of other inputs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,246 Views)
As a future reference, if you're using DAQmx on Windows, another tool you can use is the connection diagram tool within MAX.  If you create a DAQmx task within MAX containing the channels you wish to use, you can click the Connection Diagram tab at the bottom of the task window and view the required signal connections for your accessory.  For this to work, you first have to configure an accessory for your device.  This can be done by right clicking on your device within MAX and clicking properties.  From there, you should see an accessories tab that will allow you to configure your accessory for each connector.  To create a task within MAX, right click on Data Neighborhood and select Create New.  From there, follow the instructions of the wizard in order to create your task.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,234 Views)

Hi All-

If you would also like a Quick Reference Label for the second connector of your PCI-6225, check out this KB for a .pdf download. 

Hopefully this helps-

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,227 Views)