Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use my old DAQCard-6062E with a PCMCIA interface on a modern computer?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an old DAQCard-6062E (PCMCIA interface) in my lab. I used to plug this DAQCard onto an old laptop computer, where a PCMCIA slot was available on the laptop computer. However, it seems that the PCMCIA slot is no longer available on modern laptop computers.

IMG_0571.jpg        IMG_0572.jpg

Is there a specific kind of adapter that I can use to convert this PCMCIA interface to say an USB interface, so that I can still use this DAQCard on a modern computer?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,077 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fuh

Simple, you cannot! (No, none of the PCMCIA adapters is guaranteed to work with reliably emulating a true full-spec PCMCIA, if you find one working, good for you)

Find a laptop that has a PCMCIA port.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 6
(1,042 Views)

Thank you SO MUCH for the confirmation. Greatly appreciated!!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,029 Views)

I apologize for reopening this topic after marking it as solved a few months ago. If this is not acceptable, please let me know. I am happy to create a new topic for this discussion.

After conducting some research, I found two laptop computers with a PCMCIA slot. However, these two laptop computers are a bit old. They both run on Windows 7. 

I consulted the compatibility Excel spreadsheet available on the NI website to gather information. It provided compatibility specifications for numerous NI devices such as the USB-6216, PCI-6221, and several others. However, I could not locate the compatibility and system requirements for the NI DAQCard-6062E card specifically. Consequently, I have the following questions:

1. What versions of DAQmx are compatible with the DAQCard-6062E?
  2. What versions of LabVIEW are compatible with the DAQCard-6062E?
  3. What versions of Windows are compatible with the DAQCard-6062E?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(724 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fuh

According to this link, your card is still supported in NI-DAQmx 19.0 but was removed after that. There is a footnote that it is only supported on 32-bit OSes. I think that applies to all PCMCIA cards as the necessary support never was ported and may even be impossible to add under 64-bit Windows without huge custom support.

https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374768ab.html#ESeries

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 5 of 6
(697 Views)

Thank you SO MUCH for digging out the information for me. Greatly appreciated!!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(646 Views)