From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use all analog outputs with NI PCIe-6323

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

I'm using the PCIe-6232 card together with a connector block (SCB-68A). Right now my LabView code provides two analog outputs, however, I want to add a third one. In principle, I can use 4 analog outputs based on the card specifications, but the connector block only has 2. Do I need a second connector block if I want only another analog output?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,362 Views)

Refer to Figure 8 of this document, it shows all four AO's available through Connector 1:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371805b.pdf

EDIT: Now I am confused the pinouts here only show 2 AO's per Connectors:

http://www.ni.com/documentation/en/multifunction-io-device/latest/pcie-6323/pinout/

Probably need another SCB-68 then...

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,330 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author marius246

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

Refer to Figure 8 of this document, it shows all four AO's available through Connector 1:

I think you may be misreading that figure.  It clearly only shows AO2 and AO3 available through Connector 1.  AO0 and AO1 are available through connector 0 per Figure 2.

In other words, yes, you need a second cable and connector block to access the other two AOs.

Message 3 of 5
(2,291 Views)

croohcifer:

Yes a definite misread on my part, thanks for re-checking.

-AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,285 Views)

Ok, then that's how it is. Thank you very much for your answer!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,268 Views)