From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup a brand new Win7-31 SP1 PC to work with NI-DAQ?

I am new to NI DAQ configuration and need some help to configure my test Win7 PC.  I have a brand new Win7/31 SP1 OS. I have two chassis, PXI-1044 (Chassis 1) and PXI-1052/SCXI combo (Chassis 2). The communication between the PXI and SCXI is done via DAQ-Card. The hardware setup has been verified with WinXP PC. It has been working for a long time. I need to switch the PC from an old XP machine to a new Win7 machine. I had a hardtime to get it right. I have installed the Agilent IO library, NI-DAQMx 9.9, NI-VISA 5.5. At one  time, I was able to see the the modules on Chassis 1. I was also able to use the auto-detection to find the SCXI devices, but my software uses the Agilent counter driver and I was not able to read and write to the counter. So I upgrade the hp5334x  counter driver. The counter driver requires VISA-5.5 and IVI Compliance Package 4.6.1, so I installed both. After that, no matter I do, reboot the chassis, reboot th Windows7 and reset the device, I just can not see the SCXI devices any more. The chassis 1 and chassis 2 can be identified.  The auto detection of SCXI devices always shows that it is empty. I checked the SCXI chassis power, it is ON. I am sure the cable is good and tight. It has worked before. It must be the right kind. I did reset  the device a few times. The DAQ board must be good, no bent pins because it worked the day before and none touched it. I also checked the device manager, it founds all the drivers. There is not unknown device on the list. I have  uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled drivers several times, but the SCXI devices just will not come back. I suspect this is drivers related issue. It is most likely driver compatibility related. My question is for a brand new Win7 32 bit, which drivers, which versions I should install? What sequence I should follow? It takes a long time to do the install and unintall. I have a few more test stations need to setup. I have to find a set of reliable drivers and software to use. I also need to find how to make the SCXI auto detection work. I have re-imaged my PC. It is now in its pristine state.

Many thanks in adance.

JLi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,760 Views)

We have an SCXI-1001 chassis and a NI PCI-6071E and a desktop PC running Windows 7 Pro.

The PC had a clean install of software as we had upgraded from an older Windows 2000 PC.

I wasn't able to autodetect anything.

I simply went in an configured the chassis and modules.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,742 Views)