Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send trigger (digital pulse)

Hi,

I am new to labview, started this month only and am currently using express vi's. I would appreciate if someone can direct me how to send the digital trigger out.

Problem: I am using a beam with 2 strain gauge mounted, I am trying to send a digital trigger out when the strain value crosses certain threshold (For senior lab). Currently I can acquire the data and plot. But I am not sure on how to send the digital pulse out.

Hardware: Labview 8.5.1, SC-2345 connector block, SCC-SG01 Strain module, PCI-6251 DAQ Card and SCC-DO01 Digital Output Module.

Thanks,

Sine

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,462 Views)

Hello Sine,

Thank you for posting to the NI Forums! There are many examples that are included in LabVIEW when the DAQmx driver is installed. You can access them by going to Help>>Find Examples. When that window opens, navigate to Hardware Input/Output>>DAQmx. For my own understanding, are you waiting for a certain analog threshold and then you want to trigger a digital output? Please clarify for me exactly what you are trying to do and take a look at the examples I just described. You may very well find an example that will get you on the right track. More than likely this will be outside of the scope of express vi's.

Please take a look at this link: https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/academiclv3hr/content.xhtml. This is a 3 hour online free LabVIEW class that gives instruction on basic LabVIEW programming. It may be helpful as you learn LabVIEW. Thanks!

Regards,
Margaret Barrett
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Digital Multimeters and LCR Meters
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,443 Views)

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for your responce.To explain problem better ........

1. In first step I desigined a vi that can acquire data from 2 strain gauges, this vi continously monitor the gauges and as soon as the strain value cross over certain threshold it starts (trigger) the acquisition and values are stored in the files.This part is working fine now.

2. In step two I have to add an extra functionality to the vi, so that as soon as acquisition starts (strain value crosses certain value) this vi should also send a digital trigger to the external device through the digital output module. Please help.

Thanks,

Sine

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,436 Views)

STOP posting the same question multiple times! Smiley Mad You asked the same thing here and here. If you don't understand the answers (and you obviously don't), reply to the thread. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,429 Views)
I don't want to be rude Mr. Dennis, but has lately some-one reminded you that you have a extremely annoying personality?? As I have already mentioned that I am new to labview (started this month), so if you have any specific answer to my problem please enlighten me rather than giving vague leads or directing me to "examples that ship with LV" answer. Regards,Sine

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,425 Views)

You are not helping your case at all. Have you even bothered to look at the shipping examples for digital output? I doubt it. Have you even bothered to try to create a DAQ Assistant with a digital output? I doubt it and I don't understand how you were able to create an DAQ Assistant analog acquistion task and be unable to create a DAQ Assistant digital output task. Beginner or not, you are expected to do some work. There is no one on this board that will do the work (probably homework) for you. If you actually try something and ask about that, then you will get additional help.

I will show you where the examples are located. The last two are the simplest.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,410 Views)

Hello Sine,

As Dennis pointed out, please do not post the same question on multiple threads. Your thread will get monitored by an engineer here at NI at least once a day and will probably get comments from others in our NI Community even more than that. From now on, please continue this issue at this thread:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=387634#M387634.

Thanks!

Regards,
Margaret Barrett
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Digital Multimeters and LCR Meters
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,384 Views)