From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send a TTL Trigger at the begining of an acquisition

Hi,

I have a hard time to find from the Knowledbe Base a simple solution for the following task:

I want a function generator to _receive_ TTL Trigger at  the start of an analog acquisition using a PCI-6259 with Labview 8.

What is the easiest way to raise the Trigger at the beginn of an aquisition.

Any advice is highly appreciated!

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,051 Views)

Hello Peter,

I'm not sure exactly which of the following situations you're asking about, but both have fairly straight forward answers.

If you want to use a TTL trigger to start an analog acquisition then you can just configure your analog input task to use a digital start trigger.  You can route this trigger into the PCI-6259 via a PFI line.  As soon as you call the DAQmx Start Task VI the task will wait for a rising edge on that line.  For an example of how to do this go to the LabVIEW Example Finder (Open LabVIEW and go to Help» Find Examples...)  Then navigate to Hardware Input and Output» DAQmx» Analog Measurements» Voltage» Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk-Dig Start.vi.  This example configures the trigger acquisition I described above.

Option two is that you want to start an analog acquisition and at the same time output a digital signal on a PFI line to send from the PCI-6259 to your function generator.  If this is the case, there is an internally generated digital edge whenever you start your task.  You can use the DAQmx Export Signal VI to route the DevX/ai/starttrigger to a PFI line of your choice.  This will generate a rising edge whenever you start the analog input task.

I hope this helps and have a great day!

Brooks
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,038 Views)

Hi Brooks,

the second option was what I meant. Sorry that it was not clear.

Thank you very much!

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,017 Views)

Hi 

I am using a TTL digital input to give a digital output and it works properly. NI USB 6009

But now I would like to change it so when I get a TTL  high on the digital input line , I would like to drive the Analog output which would give me a +5 V at the ouput, I have tried to change my program, but I am not able to do so, I have attached the VI, If any one Can help. 

Digital Input --> Delay Timer --> Analog Output.

Thanks

Veer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,649 Views)