cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrigger PCI6132

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, everyone,

I want to know how to retrigger PCI6132, S series. Is it the same as this example?

Multi-Function-Ctr Retrigg Pulse Train Generation for AI Sample Clock.vi

Thanks.

Best,

Jiangjun

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,095 Views)

Hi Jiangjun,

The example does illustrate how you can retrigger a finite pulse train from a counter. The part where it's used as a clock for Analog Input may or may not be pertinent to your application. To answer your question -- yes, you can make use of some of the concepts in this example if you are attempting to retrigger a counter output. Generally speaking, you will make use of the same property node to perform re-triggering when doing finite generation.

Sanjay C.
Embedded Software Product Manager| National Instruments
Message 2 of 8
(4,066 Views)

Hi, Sanjay,

Thanks for your kind reply.

I wonder whether the "retrigger" property node can work for PCI6132, it seems much easier if this property can work for PCI6132.

I do tried the example by replacing the channels to thoese of PCI6132. It seems to be working. But I doubt whether it can give me the data I want.

What I am doing is I am trying to make do repreted scanning of a swept wavelength laser:

Laser starts canning->generate a trigger TTL at a certain wavelength->get a finite number of data points (for example, 10000) from this wavelength

-> Laser move back and start scanning again -> generate the TTL again at the same wavelength -> get ..... (repeated, until the stop button pressed)

Thanks for your kind reply again. and Looking forward for your further suggests.

Best,

Jiangjun

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,063 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jzhj01

Hi Jiangjun,

You will get an error if you use the 'Retrigger' property on hardware that doesn't support the feature. If you are able to run the example, and are not getting any errors, you should be fine. You should be able to make full use of the example that you've referenced. The idea would be:

1. Use the TLL trigger that is generated to trigger a finite pulse generation Counter Output Task

2. Use the pulse train from the Counter Output as a clock for an analog input (I'm making the assumption that you are performing an analog input acquisition -- this technique will work for other types of inputs too; the PCI 6132 supports Hardware Timed Digital I/O.)

This implementation would be a working solution to the problem you are trying to solve.

Sanjay C.
Embedded Software Product Manager| National Instruments
Message 4 of 8
(4,043 Views)

Hi, SanJay,

It works well for me. Thanks.

But I still have one problem: PCI6132 sometimes can not recieve the trigger pulse.  The laser will generate the TTL. If the sampling rate is set to be 10000, it is OK. However, if the sampling rate is set to be 100,000, sometimes, seems the card can not catch the trigger. I don't know why. It is strange also because if sampling rate is higher, it should be easier to catch the TTL signal.

Many thanks if any suggestion.

Best,

Jiangjun

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,031 Views)

Hi Jiangjun,

I have the same problem with you. Card is more loss the trigger than he could catch the trigger when I used sampling rate at 2 MSPS. National Instrument must solve this critical problems.

Regards,

Oktanto Dedi Winarko

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,894 Views)

Hello Oktanto,

It sounds like you're having problems catching a trigger source when you increase the sample rate? Can you provide more information on your hardware set-up, trigger source, etc. so that I can get a better idea of what's going on with your program. What kind of sample rate are you acquiring at and what behavior are you seeing?

Also, this forum is marked as "solved" so if this is a new issue then I would recommend starting your own thread to increase forum activity on your subject.

Jake H | Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,879 Views)

Hi Jake H,

This is Link of my own thread.

Regards,

Oktanto Dedi Winarko

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,859 Views)