From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make the strip chart scrolling

Hello all,

I am a novice in LabVIEW. I have to read in a voltage signal and display it in real time similar to what the Real-Time Chart.vi in the examples ship with LabVIEW does. However, I could not manage to make the chart scrolling like the axample vi. Instead when the chart gets to the left border, it stays there and the new values keep piling up that makes the chart shrinks smaller and smaller.

Do you have any idea how I would do to get the chart scrolling along? I would appriciate very much.
Hao
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,350 Views)
Hao Le,

Check the value of the "Chart History Length" and also choose a proper 'Update Mode' for the chart. This option is under the "Advanced" property. Otherwise, attach a VI that only depicts the problem.

Hope this information is helpful.

L Aguila
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,350 Views)
Hello;

You can take a look at some properties of your chart, such as "update mode" and "history lenght", however, you can always open the Labview example, select the chart, and copy and paste it on your other VI. You can even use Ctr+C and Ctr+v as a regular windows object.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,350 Views)
Hello L.Aguila, Filipe A.,

Thank you for your help; it works ok now.

Hao
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,350 Views)