Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get bus number and socket number of NI-6143 PCI board using NI-DAQmx?

Hello everybody and Happy New Year!

I assume similar question has already been discussed earlier, here, for example.

My Visual C++ application scans PCI buses and slots to enumerate supported PCI DAQ boards. These boards are produced by different manufacturers, my company and NI, for instance. There is no support of NI-6143 PCI board by Traditional NI-DAQ, so I am using NI-DAQmx 7.2. There is promising function DAQmxGetDeviceAttribute() defined in NIDAQmx.h, but it supports request of DAQmx_Dev_ProductType and DAQmx_Dev_SerialNum device attributes only, for now.

Thus, it's another request to NI-DAQmx development team to improve functionality of the API. Using own lookup tables is not the good way to solve the problem. Good luck!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,534 Views)
Hello and Happy New Year to you also!

As you were able to find with the hyperlink included in your post, this is a common question and request from our DAQmx users transitioning from Traditional NI-DAQ. The best thing for you to do at the current time would be to post your discussion thread in a Product Feedback form. This is the media that you will want to use to request features with our products. It is closely monitored by our development teams, so you suggestions will strongly be considered.

Best Regards,

Jared A
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,523 Views)
Hello Jared!

Thank you for your reply. As you advised, I posted my suggestion in a Product Feedback form. I suppose, it is not hard to implement, so I hope to see improvements soon.

My best regards,

Dmitry
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,499 Views)