From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate two waveforms on different AO channels with NIDAQ functions (and Delphi)

I'm trying to generate two different waveforms on the outputs of a PCI-MIO-16E-4 board. I'm using Delphi with NiDAQ driver software version 6.9.1
The problem is that I can only generate a waveform on one channel. I use the WFM_Scale and WFM_Op functions.
According to the documentation, you can use the parameter numChans to indicate if you want to use multiple channels. In my case, this would be two.
But it only works if that parameter is set to 1 (and then only the first AO channel works). If it is set to 2, both AO channels don't do anything.
In the parameter chanVect I have the elements 0 and 1 indicating the AO channels.
Could anyone tell me how to set up and generate a wav
eform for two outputs simultaniously or how to use the parameters correctly?

Greetz, Ferens
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,238 Views)
Hello;

I'm attaching a Visual Basic example that does the trick. I know you are programming in Delphi, but you can double check the NI-DAQ dll function calls and parameters that need to be in the functions.
If that doesn't work on your end, probably the hardware has some sort of failure.
Hope this helps.
Filipe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,238 Views)
You cannot generate 2 waveform with the E series. I had the same problem with the 6035E. I got that information from NI web site but I don't remember where (sorry).

Francis
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,238 Views)