Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate HW triggered finite AO sequences repeatedly?

Please help me with my  

I am trying every "retriggerable" sample vi I can find in my Examples or on line, and nothing seems to work for me. I am using the NI-6115 multifunction DAQ to generate a 1-sec sequence of 2.5MHz DAC samples to scan mirrors, and to acquire image data at 10MHz. I need for everything (AI and AO) to begin simultaneously upon getting a hardware trigger, and for it to be able to do it all over again from the 6115's AO FIFO upon getting another trigger pulse, perhaps immediately after the first sequence has finished.

I have not found any "retriggerable" example VI that says it is specifically for an S-Series DAQ board, let alone the NI-6115. If you know of one, for either retriggerable AO or AI (or preferably both, simultaneously off the same trigger), please point me to it. If you know of something else you think might help enlighten me, please let me know!

Thanks!

Steve 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,963 Views)

Hi Steve,

Have you tried using "Gen Mult Volt Updates-Int Clk-Retriggerable.vi", if so what issues are you encountering? For the AI task I would suggest "Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk-Retriggerable.vi".

Let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thanks

Scott M.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,953 Views)

Thanks. For the AO example, I get "That file could not be found or opened. You may need to reinstall your examples." 

Can you please post it here? I just did reinstall the entire DAQmx 9 and Labview 8.6.1 so I don't know why it is not here.

I note that the NI-6115 is not listed among the devices that can run that example in the Example Finder. Can it? 

-Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,947 Views)

...And for the AI example, which I do have, upon running it, I get error -200452, "Specified property is not supported byt he device or is not applicable to the task." Property: Start.Retriggerable  Task name: _unnamedTask<D>

I note that the Example Finder only lists 63xx boards as being able to run this example. Can the NI-6115?

-Steve 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,945 Views)

Hi Steve,

It seems that the example finder was right to not list the 6115 the retriggerable property node is not supported when using the 6115 because the 6115 hardware does not natively support retriggering. You may want to have a look at the following KnowledgeBase article:

How Can I Perform a Retriggerable Analog Acquisition?

I haven't been able to find a procedure specifically for AO applications, it may not be supported. You may want to look into one of the cards listed on the supported devices list in the example finder. Sorry about the confusion, let us know if you have any more questions.

Scott M.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,926 Views)