Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a Wireless Vibration monitoring DAQ by combinining cDAQ-9191 CompactDAQ Chassis and NI-9230 Sound and Vibration Module

Hi,

I am not sure whether this is the right forum to ask this question or not. Kindly forward this question to right forum in case if this is not the right place.

I am trying to design an Industrial Level Online Wireless Vibration DAQ System Solution for a client. This DAQ should be able to receive the vibration data collected by Wireless Vibration Sensors and should be able to pass it on to another device in analog format, after converting the data received from Wireless Vibration Sensors. It is necessary that the DAQ must be capable of converting the vibration data into Analog format and pass it on to the device in picture. That device is a proprietary device developed exclusively for my client by another manufacturer. The role of this DAQ is limited to continuously receive the vibration data from Wireless Vibration Sensors, convert them into analog/voltage format, and pass it on to the properietary device. 

As I could not find a ready-made Wireless Vibration DAQ with Analog outputs, I have decided to built one by combining cDAQ-9191 CompactDAQ Chassis and NI-9230 Sound and Vibration Module from NI. The way I conceive it is as following:

1. cDAQ-9191 will continuously receive and accept the vibration data from vibration sensors wirelessly, and will continuously pass it on to NI-9230

2. NI-9230 will continuously convert this data into analog/voltage and continuously pass this analog output to the proprietary hardware. 

3. The proprietary hardware will than use this analog input to perform the functions it is supposed to perform. 

As I am not a very technical person, I need answer for the following questions from this forum:

1. Is my plan of designing an online Wireless Vibration DAQ with analog outputs by combining cDAQ-9191 CompactDAQ Chassis and NI-9230 Sound and Vibration Module ?

2. If yes, than do I need to use any specific Wireless Vibration Sensor or can this DAQ work with any Wireless Vibration Sensor? If any specific sensor is needed, than I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could recommend those sensors...

3. If this design is not workable, than I would greatly appreciate it if you guys can suggest any alternate solution which can be used as Wireless Vibration DAQ with Analog Outputs.

Many many thanks for your help.

Warm Regards,

Manoj

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(691 Views)