From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect the picoampmeter Keithley 6514 to NI USB-6000

I would like am using a picoampmeter to read a small current, the picoampmeter is Keithley 6514 and I want to connect it to NI USB-6000.

They don't have the same connectors, does anyone how I can do this? Or if there is an adapter for it?

Thank you so much!

Best,

Ledya

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,560 Views)

What do you want to do when it's connected?

Or

Why do you want to connect them?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,554 Views)

Hallo Henrik,

I want to measure the current between two electrodes with the picoampmeter, and connect the picoampmeter to the computer to be able to save the current measurements are write some code with labview to control the voltage of the power supply if the current is too high/low, my supervisor suggested to use the NI USB 6000 for this, me myself I don't know why or whats the point.

Danke dir,

LG aus Deutschland!

Lendya

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,545 Views)

Looking at the 6514 manual I see a proportional analog output, (proportional to input) you may find this just what you need.

Gene

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,539 Views)

How fast and accurate do you want to control and log the data?

I would suggest to use the RS232 or GPIB port of the Keithley , connect it with the PC and use the LabVIEW driver to directly read the Keithley. 🙂

By a quick view at the 6514 manual , you can read between 10 to 5 values a second with much better accuracy than using the analog output connected to the NI-6000.  (And most probably with less noise).

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,533 Views)