cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect NI / TB 9212 to laptop?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey there,

I was wondering what actual wire/connection do you use to connect the NI / TB 9212 DAQ to my laptop? I really tried reading through the manuals but I didn't see any explicit statement anywhere about this.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,166 Views)

It is just a C-series module, it needs to be installed in a cDAQ or cRIO, in turn, that cDAQ or cRIO can connect to any computer as long as the communication method is supported (for example, USB, Ethernet).

There is nothing specific limiting you from using these modules with laptop (just not directly as they need to be used in a cDAQ or cRIO)

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,147 Views)

If you don't mind me asking, what is a good compactDAQ to purchase? I am ultimately trying to obtain thermocouple readings from a small heating + cooling system for a university senior design project. Similarly, what connection wire between this 9212 module and the cDAQ would be needed? I know that the 9212 has a connection port of 15 female pins just like a female VGA connection port.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,145 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Collin9476

First, these modules plug directly into the cDAQ or cRIO chassis (as shown in the below image) and do not use an extension cable for the D SUB connector.

santo_13_1-1636755786809.png

The selection of cDAQ chassis depends on the application, for your application, you just need to measure temperature in a university, you're better off with any USB based cDAQ with enough slots.

I would recommend considering this USB temperature measurement bundle - https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/hardware/products/usb-temperature-measurement-bundle.html

cDAQ9171 is the lowest cost 1-slot cDAQ chassis out there - https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/model.cdaq-9171.html

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 4 of 4
(1,128 Views)