Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to acquire signal at 0.5Hz resolution?

Hi all,

I need to acquire signal from accelerometer at 0.5Hz resolution. I have read in other topic by setting sample rate half of the number samples.

2022-04-18_14h25_53.png

In this case, i have set sampling rate of 2048/sec with number of samples of 4096. This means it will result 2 seconds to fully acquire the samples. I have set loop number to 30 since i need data for 60 seconds. After applying this setting, i still get 1 hz frequency resolution.  How to fix this?

or is there any way to convert 1Hz resolution to 0.5Hz  resolution in Labview?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(679 Views)

I think we would need to see your actual code.  How are you determining what your resolution is?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(651 Views)

Please define your use of the term "resolution". Are you sure that the df of your frequency transform graph is set correctly?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(640 Views)

Another information needed is the actual DAQ hardware you are using.

Even if the driver allow you to set ... better to request any samplerate, the driver will fit it to the actual hardware you are using ...

so you can read the fantastic manual ( 😉 ) of your DAQ device and look up the available samplerates.

If you read a periodic signal and want to measure the frequency .. have a look at the extract single tone information vi ... 

If you look at a known signal shape (sine?) you can apply a fit and measure the frequency with a much better uncertainty ...

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(620 Views)