Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to achieve 60 Hz reading rate with NI4351 for PCI using C++/VB

According to NI documents, NI-4351 is capable of scanning single channel at 60 Hz. It is critical for my application to have high sampling rate.

Initially I have NI-DAQ v 6.9 and also the NI-4351 driver. I could only get ~10 Hz (9.7 Hz exactly) reading rate for single channel. I tried in VB/C++ using either my codes or sample codes from NI. I tried to set up NI-4351 without accessary (via MAX) so there will be no "auto-zero" nor "CJC" attempted. I also tried the VisualBanch-Logger. It too gave me only ~10 Hz scan.

After contacting tech support, I was told 60Hz is not supported by NI-DAQ v6.9, so I unintalled everything and installed v 6.8.1.

This helps to bring the scan rate to
60 Hz in VisualBench-Logger for single channel, but I still could not achieve 60 Hz with C++/VB using the driver functions.

Anyone has similiar experience?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,400 Views)
Dear Sir,
Thank you for using the Developer Exchange.

There is a issue between the NI-DAQ 6.9 version and the 435x series boards.
The R&D departament came up with a fix for the problem and I am attaching the dll that will fix the problem. please rename it nidaq32.dll and replace your current nidaq32.dll

Remember that the Board will be able to get a maximum speed of 60 readings per second only in SINGLE CHANNEL ACQUISITION MODE. If you are reading more that 1 channel at a time, the maximum reading rate will be 9.7 TOTAL READINGS PER SECOND for all channels.

Example:

If you are reading 5 channels at the same time, the maximum number of readings per channel you can get is (9.7/5) equal to 1.94 readings per second per channel.

Best Regards
Omar De Andrade
www.ni.com/s
upport
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,400 Views)