From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How synchronize input and output signals in a data acquisition vi?

I m programming a VI that generates a waveform, which is applied in a sensor, and get the output signal of this sensor when the input has gotten a specific value during a defined period. I m using LABVIEW 7 and a LABPC + DAQ board, with a NI daq 6.9.3. I had looked for information about synchronization but I didn�t find examples of VIs that uses it.
Can someone suggest solutions for this?

Thank you in advance.

Juliana
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,366 Views)
Juliana,

I am not clear as to exactly how you want to synchronize your analog input and output operations, but the following example contains 3 VI's that implement a different type of synchronization. These examples were created specifically for the E Series boards, but these should at least give you an idea about how to accomplish the synchronization.

Example

Jeremy
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,367 Views)
Hi Jeremy,

Your answer to Juliana back in April seems to be exactly the solution to my current porblem, but I can't seem to download your attachement with your solution. Could you post it again please?

best regards,

Ian.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,351 Views)
Hello Ian,

I'm not sure which examples Jeremy was talking about, but I do know where you can look to find some VIs that should help to show how to synchronize AI and AO. Open up LabVIEW and click on Help >> Find Examples. This should launch the example finder. The following instructions may be different since I am using NI-DAQ 7.3.

Inside of the Example Finder browse to Hardware Input and Output >> Traditional DAQ >> Simultaneous Analog IO. Use the examples listed in this directory as a reference.

Jared A
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,317 Views)
Dear Jared,

Many thanks.

Regards,

Ian.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,298 Views)