Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How synchronize input and output signals in a data acquisition vi?

I m programming a VI that generates a waveform, which is applied in a sensor, and get the output signal of this sensor when the input has gotten a specific value during a defined period. I m using LABVIEW 7 and a LABPC + DAQ board, with a NI daq 6.9.3. I had looked for information about synchronization but I didn�t find examples of VIs that uses it.
Can someone suggest solutions for this?

Thank you in advance.

Juliana
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,369 Views)
Juliana,

I am not clear as to exactly how you want to synchronize your analog input and output operations, but the following example contains 3 VI's that implement a different type of synchronization. These examples were created specifically for the E Series boards, but these should at least give you an idea about how to accomplish the synchronization.

Example

Jeremy
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,370 Views)
Hi Jeremy,

Your answer to Juliana back in April seems to be exactly the solution to my current porblem, but I can't seem to download your attachement with your solution. Could you post it again please?

best regards,

Ian.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,354 Views)
Hello Ian,

I'm not sure which examples Jeremy was talking about, but I do know where you can look to find some VIs that should help to show how to synchronize AI and AO. Open up LabVIEW and click on Help >> Find Examples. This should launch the example finder. The following instructions may be different since I am using NI-DAQ 7.3.

Inside of the Example Finder browse to Hardware Input and Output >> Traditional DAQ >> Simultaneous Analog IO. Use the examples listed in this directory as a reference.

Jared A
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,320 Views)
Dear Jared,

Many thanks.

Regards,

Ian.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,301 Views)