From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you rename physical channels?

I'm interested in the Analog Input channels of a NI-6248 DAQ card.  When selecting physical channels in a pull-down menu in my VI they're listed as :  PXI1Slot5/ai0, ai1, ai2, etc.  I'd like to rename them (in the pull down menu or anywhere else, doesn't matter) to something more descriptive, such as 'AFT Calorimeter' to make it easier for the user.  Is there an easy way to do this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,282 Views)
Hi Open MAX, access your Device in Devices and interfaces>> DAQmx folder and rename the device as 'AFT Calorimeter'.

Now you can get physical channel names as AFT Calorimeter/ai0,  etc in your vi

Hope this helps

Or, you can also assign a unique channel name for each Physical Channel in 'Create Virtual channel' function

Regards,
Dev
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,272 Views)

I realise that it's been a while since someone made a post here. 

I'm aware that you can create a unique channel name for each Physical Channel in 'Create Virtual channel' function. 

But the problem is that I wish to parse the physical channel through a text file and not have to type out e.g. cDAQnameMod#/ai0 initially. 

Not sure if any new features or methods are available?

Many Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,445 Views)