Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you program LabView to count voltage increases

I am having serious trouble figuring out how to use your program. All I want to do is have the program count the number of times the input voltage goes above a certain threshhold. Thank you for the help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,663 Views)
tmoran1,

I don't know how you are acquiring your data, however I wrote a quick example that should give you some idea of how you can do this. Basically you will replace the slider with the input voltage you are interested in. One thing to keep in mind is that most real signals acquired are a little bit noisy. Because of this, if your signal is very close to the threshold, it may appear to cross it many times. If you have more specific questions let me know. Hopefully the attached VI can get you on your way.

Hope this helps,
Dan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,659 Views)
Thank you for the help, but the file that you sent was version 7.1.1 I have version 7.0 Could you please re-send the file in the 7.0 format. Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,651 Views)
Sorry about that... Try this version.

Dan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,644 Views)
My input is a voltage source from a DAQPad 6015. The program keeps telling me I can't replace the virtual signal with my signal from the DAQ Pad. What do I do?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,622 Views)
tmoran1,

I am not sure what error you are seeing, and will have trouble diagnosing it without seeing your VI. However, I have extended my example such that it should be compatible with your DAQPad for your input voltage source. It uses software timed reads to acquire a voltage, then checks it against the limit. This is a fairly simple method which should get you started. The rate at which this type of read will execute is dependent on your system, and your system's load. If it does not acquire data fast enough (ie.. you are missing transitions above your threshold) then you may want to consider using a hardware timed approach.

Hope this helps,
Dan
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,617 Views)