Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i get a xy graph to plot more points?

I'm using the Build xy graph express in Labview 7.0 and I was just wondering how one could increase the amount of points plotted on the graph. Right now, the graph will just plot up to 100 points and then go crazy and go back to 0. I would just like to know if there's any way to increase the amount of points that could be plotted on the graph.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,711 Views)
An xy graph will plot exactly the number of points that are in the x and y array. That's assuming that you have the x scale set to autoscale. And, by default, each time the function is called, the graph will reset. You can select properties and change this. You don't mention where you're getting the data. Stick a probe on the input to the express VI and check the size. You can also provide some details on what you're doing or post your VI for someone to look at.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,705 Views)
I'm getting my data from a mass spectrometer. I set it to take data from 0 to 100 amu at 0.1 amu a point, but when it gets to 10 it stops because of the 100 points. I have looked and messed around with the properties extensively and still cannot figure out how to make the graph record more than 100 points.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,703 Views)
It will not stop because you have some sort of property set for an indicator (the graph). Graphs take array inputs and LabVIEW automatically sizes an array. It has to be stopping for some other reason. It has to be some problem with how you're acquiring the data. Without seeing your program and knowing the make and model of the mass spec., I'd be guessing.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,690 Views)