From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I trigger a HW timed AO

I'm attempting to synchronize a hardware timed loop using CTR0.  However, I'm experiencing jitter in the AO signal.  I was wondering if there was a way I could set up a trigger to make sure that the AO generated by my loop would synch to within a few microseconds.  Also, I would like to add a digital line write that will synchronize with CTR0 and AO, but that isn't as pressing right now.  It seems that this should be too difficult.

I've included my vi (LabView 7.1)

I'd appreciate any help here.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,689 Views)
The above should read:
"AO in sync with the pulse train generated by CTR0"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,683 Views)
Hi,

I recommend taking a look at this example (as well as other DAQmx examples in the NI Example Finder at Help>Find Examples):
    C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\examples\DAQmx\Analog Out\Generate Voltage.llb\Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Int Clk-Non Regeneration.vi

This example demonstrates how to continuously output a waveform using an internal sample clock. The automatic regeneration of data has been disabled, so new data has to be provided throughout the duration of the continuous Analog Output operation. This allows the generation of any arbitrary frequency as this VI computes new data for each iteration of the loop, maintaining phase continuity of the signal.

If you want to use the sample clock for other operations, it can be exported to an external pin, or routed internally.
--
Michael P
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,659 Views)