Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I select the desired conversion time on a NI 9207 C-series module?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a NI 9207 C-series module that is currently attached to a 9181 cDAQ chassis (it will move to a cRIO soon, though).  The manual states that there are two conversion time modes, High-resolution mode and High-speed mode.  Apparently the factory default is High Resolution mode since my maximum acquisition rate is under 20Hz on a single channel.  I have read the manual looking for how to set this, but the manual doesn't cover any software aspects of setting it up.  I would suspect that there should be a way to do it in both MAX and in LabVIEW.  Simply setting the desired acquisition rate to something only supported by the High-speed mode does not cause it to automatically switch, since LabVIEW throws an error when you do this (requested acquisition rate exceeds maximum acquisition rate).

Can anyone tell me how to switch it.  I would like to know how to do it both in LabVIEW and in MAX (if supported).

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!

Message 1 of 2
(3,124 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author parmstrong42

Well, I guess I just needed to do some more digging and tinkering.

I didn't figure out how to do this in MAX, but in LabVIEW you need to use a DAQmx Channel property node.  I didn't check the channel palette because I figured it was configured by device and not by channel... I was looking on the DAQmx Device property node.

So, in case anyone else is looking for this answer for the LabVIEW environment, set this value using an AI.ADCTimingMode input on a DAQmx Channel property node.

Message 2 of 2
(3,121 Views)