Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I save sound data to "wav" files?

Using an M Series 6250 DAQ card, Thinkpad with XP (with docking station) and LabVIEW. We need to sample, analyze, view and eventually write the sampled data (which is basically voice/audio) to standard PC audio files like ".wav" files. How do I write the audio data to a ".wav" file in LabVIEW?

thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,718 Views)
Hello edw,
The M Series device you mentioned can only acquire voltages. What kind of sensor are you using? And how will that data be input to the DAQ device?
-Alan A.

Message Edited by Alan A. on 06-30-2005 05:32 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,707 Views)
There are existing functions to save data to a wav file (Graphics & Sound -> Sound -> Sound File). The only thing you want to remember is to make sure your data is formatted for the data type that you are saving. I will attach a vi I made to convert saved data from a binary format to a wav format and I also scaled the data to ensure full scale in the wav format.
Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,698 Views)
Hey thanks very much for replying. This forum is great! We are using standard microphones which output analog voltages.
We will be sampling all 16 input channels simultaneously with the M Series 6250 which can do 1.2 Meg Samples/sec. I am a first time user of this forum and the DAQ M Series as well. I also considered the SigView software which is quite powerful and pretty much a turnkey package. The developers at SigView are rolling in the DAQmx driver compatibilty as I write this.

What we need to do is pretty straight forward. At least hopefully so. We need to look at the amplitude, phase and frequency content of 16 simulataneous sound inputs and record the data to some sort of standard industry file like ".wav" files that we can have others listen to. The record length is on the order of 2 minutes.

Hey thanks again - very much appreciate the feedback.
Ed-

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,679 Views)

Thank you as well for responding to my query. This is great - this forum. And thanks for the software. Very much appreciate it!

Ed-

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,677 Views)