Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I read in an analog signal for a specific amount of time without changing the number of scans or the scan rate

I am trying to input an analog signal into my DAQ E-series board. I want to be able to set the number of scans and the scan rate to a fixed value. Then I want to take data for user determined times. That is continously take data for 10 seconds or 100 seconds without changing any other parameters.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,664 Views)
Hello,

I can help you out, but before that I need to know what E series board you have and what programming environment are you using (LabVIEW, CVI, etc.)

Please let me know.

LA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,655 Views)
I am using a PCI-MIO-16E-4 DAQ Board. I am also using Labview 7.0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,654 Views)
Hello,

Thanks for the info. You can use the example called Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk found in the NI Example Finder. In LabVIEW, go to Help=>Find Examples. Once the NI Example Finder window pops-up, go to Hardware Input and Output=>DAQmx=>Analog Measurements=>Voltage and look for this example.

You will be able to set the number of scans (Samples to read) and the scan rate (Sample rate) to a fixed value. You can take data for user determined times by placing the function Wait or Wait Until Next ms multiple functions inside the while loop.

Hope this helps,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,631 Views)
Thanks for the useful information.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,630 Views)
Hello,

It is my pleasure to help you. Don't hesitate in contacting us next time you have a question.

Best regards,

Luis Navarro
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,615 Views)