Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get permission to redistribute NI-DAQ DLLs?

I have built an ActiveX control that uses nidaq32.dll and nidex32.dll. I want the ocx to work with other manufacturer's boards and need the NI DLLs present for the code to work, even if NI boards are not installed on the users computer.

I would like to get permission to redistribute the DLLs mentioned above. Who do I contact?

Thanks,

Ron
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,584 Views)
Ni-Daq is available for free download at www.ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,584 Views)
Matt,

Thanks for the response. I know that NI-DAQ is freely available from ni.com.

If you read the license agreement for NI-DAQ you are prohibited from redistributing NI-DAQ in whole or part if you are doing so with an ActiveX control that uses the functionality contained in NI-DAQ, i.e. if your ocx rivals ComponentWorks or some other NI package.

Presumably there is a mechanism for obtaining permission to redistribute the essential DLLs, e.g. if your product does not directly compete with one of NIs packages...This permission is what I am looking for.

Ron
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,584 Views)
Matt,

Although NI-DAQ is available on our website for download, the download license states that it is intended to 'update' previously licensed versions of NI-DAQ. An original license comes with NI-DAQ and the purchase of National Instruments hardware. So installing a download version of NI-DAQ on to a computer that does not have an original licensed version of NI-DAQ is in violation of the license agreement.

Ron,

I will look into this issue for you. However, NI-DAQ is designed to be used with NI hardware (hence the clause in the agreement you mentioned about distributing the driver in whole or in part). And even if your .ocx does not directly compete with any NI software packages, utilizing NI-DAQ with another manufacturers board does seem compete with NI hardwa
re. Is it possible to remove any calls to nidaq32.dll from you .ocx and still have it function properly?

Mike Tyler
DAQ Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 4
(2,584 Views)