Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use two Analog Input channels to do synchronous sampling with PCI-6154?

Solved!
Go to solution

I need sampling two channels of analog signal using the ADC on the PCI-6154. As we know, PCI-6154 has four channels analog input. However, I can't sample through the ai0/ai1 port  in the mean time. 

The time sample data from ai0/ai1 is different and the wavform separate in the time axis. 

Can the PCI-6154 do synchronous sampling from two analog input channel? How can I do that? Please give me some tips.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,605 Views)

Hi, 

Luckly, you can directly drag following code to block diagram to sync two AI task with 6154, you only need to select corresponding terminals of your device.

Figure3_20170526115135

This image is from this tutorial, in which contains detailed description regarding how to synchronize via DAQmx API.

Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,573 Views)
Thank you very much! I'll try it and reply you as soon as possible!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,566 Views)

Hello Nochenon233,

I have already try the sample in your figure and blow is the screenshot sample.jpg

However, when runing, it occurs error -89131, which is a boring thing. Do you know why the error comes out and help me friend?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,544 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Doxxxxxxxx

Create just 1 task and put both channels in it.  The syntax for specifying a range of channels can look like this:

"Dev1/ai0:1".

I don't know your device well, but a quick search confirmed that it's capable of simultaneous sampling unlike many DAQ devices that multiplex.  So with both channels in the same task, you should get truly simultaneous samples rather than just *nearly* simultaneous.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,503 Views)

Hi Kenvin_Price,

Thank you replay me so soon. I really apprieciate it.

Your tips really works for me. I read other post in Forums. If you set multichannel in one task, you must use N channels N samples mode for data acquisiton, otherwise error comes out.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,472 Views)

Hi, I want to use the PCI 6154 for the same application. Can you please share the labview code finalizd for reading multiple channels simulatanously.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(508 Views)