From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use the Config_DAQ_Event_Message for double buffering?

How can I use the Config_DAQ_Event_Message for double buffering?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,677 Views)

Yael,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.  I am not sure exactly what you are looking for.  Are you wondering if you need to use Config_DAQ_Event_Message when performing a double buffered acquisition?  In this case, the answer is no. Please refer to the DAQdoubleBuf.c example in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\VisualC\Ai. If you want to know how to use it in different cases, please refer to the Traditional NI-DAQ Function Reference Help Manual.  This includes information on how to use the function with double buffering.  This can be found by going to Start >> Programs >> National Instruments >> NI-DAQ.  I hope this helps.  If not, please provide some more detail on what exactly you are trying to accomplish and why it requires that you use Traditional NI-DAQ.  It may very well be possible that if you use NI-DAQmx, it will make your application much easier to develop. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.  Thanks and have a great day!

Regards,

Lon

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,663 Views)

Irallen

I'm using ni-daq 6733 card. I wont to use the Config_DAQ_Event_message to implement double buffering while using the 8 analog outputs. I tried to use this function but the program didn't halted in the break point I set in the callback function. Can you provide me an example how to use this function?

thanks

yael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,659 Views)
Yael,

Attached is an example of how to use this command.  I have also attached a link to more information on this command.  Please let me know if you have any further questions.  Thanks and have a great day!

Regards,
Lon
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,640 Views)