From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I route a digital trigger through a vi to a digital start trigger

Hi

How can you route a digital trigger from a digital pin out of a daq card through a vi to the digital edge trigger. I am having a Mseries daq and am using daqmx. I have included the example program.

Mal
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,941 Views)
The only way I know of that you can do this is you will need to output your digital pin to a PFI line. So for instance if you are using Port 0 line 0 of your DAQ card as the trigger you will need to wire that up to any PFI line, and then use that PFI line as the edge of your trigger. Hope this helps out.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,927 Views)
Hi

Thanks. Do you know how I can get a TTL trigger output from a digital output so that I can wire it to the APFI0 pin of my M6259 Daq.

Thanks

Mal
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,923 Views)
I am assuming you don't want some kind of pulse train and just simply want to set the digital lines low to high (0 to 5). If that is the case then just look at any of the digital output examples. If there is something more complex you are looking for then please provide a description.

StuartG
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,919 Views)
Hi

Many thanks. What I am looking for is to get ONE digtal pulse out from a digital pin( something like a strobe), which I can control by pressing a switch. This when I wire to the APFI0 pin will trigger my acquired wave form.
Do you have any examples?

Thanks

Mal
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,910 Views)
Hi Malkoba

Looking at your posts it isn't 100% clear what you are trying to do, I think it is one of three things, so I have outlined what you need to do for each of these.

1. If you are wanting to route the signal from a digital line to APFI0 internally, this isn't possible, you'll have to externally wire between these two pins.

2. If you want to use a software switch in LabVIEW to send a digital pulse out to a digital line on the card, and then read this in through APFI0 to trigger the analog acquisiton, I have modified the example you posted to do this (Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk-Dig Start2.vi). You will then need to externally wire between the digital line you are using and APFI0.

3. If you want to use a hardware switch, wired to APFI0 to trigger the acquisition, then use the example you posted originally (Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk-Dig Start1.vi) and wire the switch to the APFI0 pin as shown in the included file switch.bmp

If you still aren't sure what to do, post back and I'll look into this again for you.

Regards

Hannah
NIUK and Ireland
Message 6 of 6
(2,877 Views)