Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make 16 analog input differential by using DAQ Assistant

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I am working on a project and i am using DAQ NI USB-6225, The project I am doing is reading analog input (voltages) and I want to use more than 16 channels on differential setting not single ended, the problem I am having with that is that the DAQ assistant that i am using is taking only 8 Analog Inputs  [channels] ( voltage0  to   voltage7  )  that is in in the differentials settings and when I say go to channel 9 ( voltage8 ) will not give me any option of differential it will be only ( RSE , NRSE , Let Ni-DAQ  choose ).

I have attached a picture showing what is the problem, I will appreciate any help from you guys.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,417 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author samari92

Channel 8 is the negative side of Channel 0 when differential mode is used, like wise for 9 being the negative of 1, down to 15 for 7.  Use Channels 16 through 23 for your other 8 channels.

I don't remember if the DAQ Assistant has the wiring view in it.  That would make it more obvious.  If not, setup the task in MAX and then use the wiring view.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(3,386 Views)

Thanks crossrulz . The issue I am having right now is cannot choose more than 8 channels as differential mode from daq assistant. For example I choose first to eighth(voltage 0 to 7)  with no problem but when assign the ninth one ( voltage 8), I can not choose differential configuration from the drop box as you can see in the first attached photo. I agree with you about the wiring but now I need to get the labview to allow me to have more than 8 channels as differential . As you can see when try to choose the configuration, it's only let ni-daq choose, RSE, or NRSE without differential options. The device is USB-6225 with option of 40 differential channels or 80 single ended one. Thank you again for your time and help 

Spoiler

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,368 Views)

I understand your words now. You are awesome.  It is working now. Thank you so much 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,360 Views)