From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I'm in the Hydro Power

industry and about to carry out tests on a hydro generator ie. (1) wicket gate open/close times, (2) wicket gate force tests, and (3) load rejection tests, rather than re-inventing the wheel, does anyone have any VI's associated with this type of testing?Have just acquired a DAQcard 6062E and have LabView Full Dev. system so am wanting to set up the above tests.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,419 Views)
industry and about to carry out tests on a hydro generator ie. (1) wicket gate open/close times, (2) wicket gate force tests, and (3) load rejection tests, rather than re-inventing the wheel, does anyone have any VI's associated with this type of testing?James;

It would be good if you could be more specific about what DAQ operations you need to be performed on your tests in order we can point you out some examples.
Filipe
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,419 Views)
industry and about to carry out tests on a hydro generator ie. (1) wicket gate open/close times, (2) wicket gate force tests, and (3) load rejection tests, rather than re-inventing the wheel, does anyone have any VI's associated with this type of testing?Filipe, thanks for your reply.

Please find attached 2 files (1) open_close times & (2) force tests.

(1) For the open/close times it is purely plotting gate position against time. The aquisition is slow (20Hz) and it's only monitoring 1 analog input which is a 4-20mA position transducer. Now the engineering units for the 4-20mA transducer is 0-100%. Now it would be nice to have it plotted as per the graphs in the spreadsheet i.e. start the acquisition, carry out the open test, then repeat for the close test. Now I'd like to see the chart plot as the test is taking place and when I see it's reached the end of the stroke, be able to hit the stop. Now I'd like to be able to use some XY co-ordinate curses to determine the time of travel and rate of travel (slope of the line). That is, for the time - put 1 curser at the start of travel, the other one at the end of travel & for the time to be displayed, for the rate, I want to be able to put the cursers on the linear part of the curve and the rate expressed as sec's & % per sec extrapolated from 0 to 100% of the stroke i.e. the time & rate if the linear part of the curve was applicable for the entire stroke of 0-100%.

(2) For the force tests, as you can see from the spreadsheet, it's a calculated value (force) plotted against the wicket gate stroke. Note, will require simultaneous acquisition of 3 channels at 20Hz, all 4-20mA with 2 of the channels having engineering units of 0-160bar & again, the stroke being 0-100%. Again, would like the chart to plot as the acquisition is occuring.

Now after the stop has occurred for any of the tests I'd like to be prompted to save to excel as per the format in the spreadsheets. Now the displayed charts don't have to be real time i.e. as the acquisition occurs, there can be a second or so delay.

Well, I'll leave that with you and look forward to your reply. Is it possible to get a contact phone number & email address.

I'll get back to you on the 3rd part of the tests latter. Incidentally, I'll be using the SCC range of signal conditioning.

Thanks
James
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,419 Views)