From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help choosing Daq for Load Cell

Good moorning everyone

I've got a 6axis Force/Torque Load Cell for measurements.

From the company that provides the Load Cell I found that they suggest a NI M-Series or E-Series DAQ Card.

However, I'm not sure of wich one to pick.

Brownsing in the NI site I found that the NI PCI-6280 could match my requirements, but I'm not quite sure. I couldn't find any DAQ of the E-Series, so I assume that it's not being made anymore.

I'd like to ask if you have anyother DAQ card to suggest.

The DAQ I'm looking for doesn't need a AO, but had to be able to acquire Forces in the Z and Y axis and also Torque.

Thanks for the help, and any information you need, just ask, so I'll look for it and post it here.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,376 Views)

Hi,

You can contact National Instruments Sales department to help choose a board to your application. In Brazil you can contact their by phone, (11) 3149-3149.

Regards,

Abel

NI Brazil

Abel Souza
Engenheiro Eletrônico
LabVIEW User since 8.5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,352 Views)

Good morning Abel and thanks a lot.

I'll contact the number you gave me.

But now I have another question: where can I see data sheets for E Series and where to buy it? I couldn't find it in the National site.

One last thing: what's the function of the Connector Block? I still didn't get it.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Renan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,318 Views)

Renomaru,

We highly recommend that you purchase either an M Series or X Series device for your application rather than an E Series board. The E Series products are our oldest family and still fully supported, but for a particular price point the M and X Series families provide much more functionality.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,316 Views)

Hello Balki

I'm really going to use a M Series, but I need a faster way to test my Load Cell so I thought of using a E Series for tests.

The E Series and M Series have the same pinout, right?

Another thing, I'd like to know where I can see better pictures of the DAQ Cards, because the ones in the site of National are not very clear.

And other thing again, the plug of the PCI 6280 is a Male Connector

Thanks again for all the help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,275 Views)

Hi,

The information you would like are not in datasheet, thease information are on user manual of the board. the user manual have all datasheet informtion and an additional information.

Our sale department have technicians that can nswer you all question and help you choose the best board for your application.

The sales department can schedule an engeenier visit to help you dimension the best NI device for your application.

The M series and E series doesn´t have the same pinout, their use the same connector block, but have a different pin map.

Regards,

Abel

Applications Engeeniering

National Instruments Brazil

Abel Souza
Engenheiro Eletrônico
LabVIEW User since 8.5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,272 Views)