From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone been able to configure and use SCC-TC01 module in LabVIEW 9?

I have used the SC2345 with SCC-TC01 modules under LabVIEW 8.6. I upgraded to LabVIEW 9 a couple of months ago and could not use the same program to read in temperatures. There seems to be no way to configure the device for having the SCC-TC01 signal conditioners and the signal is nonsense as it is. I can read in voltages with SCC-FT01 modules, but they don't show up in configurations either.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,688 Views)

Hi Tim55,

Are you using NI-DAQmx or Traditional NI-DAQ? Did you upgrade to NI-DAQmx 8.9.5 or 9.0.x after you installed LabVIEW 2009?

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,686 Views)

Yes. A coworker suggested installing the latest version of Measurement and Automation. I tried that and the installer checked with NI and concluded my load was up to date.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,670 Views)

Tim,

I appreciate you updating MAX, but we really need more information about the Data Acquisition drivers you installed, usually this will be DAQmx (you can check under the software tab in MAX).  When you say "seems to be no way to configure the device for having the SCC-TC01" what have you tried?  I was able to configure my device for a SCC-TC01.  Can you explain to me a little more exactly what problems you are having?

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,660 Views)

The driver listed is  NI-DAQmx Device Driver 9.0.

When I high light the NI-PCI-MIO-16E-4 card and click on "Properties" there is no option for the SC-2345 and therefore no place to indicate that four SCC-TC01 signal conditioners are installed. I also tried right clicking and double clicking on the device, but did not get anything into which to put the signal conditioners. I remember setting the system for those hardware devices when I first set the system for measurements under LabView 8.5. There was no way I could bring up the graphic that appeared when I clicked on your line: "I was able to configure my device for a SCC-TC01." When I tried to run without indicating the TC signal conditioners, I get a constant value of something like 1.125e10 for all of the thermocouples. The two SCC-FT01 conditioners give good readings of voltages applied to them.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,654 Views)

Tim,

I should have started from the beginning.  You can follow the instructions in the SC-2345 Manual under Configuring the SC-2345 Carrier as a DAQ Accessory. 

You can see that you will need to righ click to add the carrier and then you can add the modules to that carrier.

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,638 Views)
Thanks. I should have read the manual when I first could not configure the SC2345. I was right clicking on the card rather than the Devices and Interfaces icon.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,603 Views)