Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW suggestion for 48 analog inputs (SE) at 32KS/s per channel

As far as I can tell there isn't a single board that does this. Is there a way to use two boards perhaps and how can I make sure they stay in sync with one another?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,927 Views)

Hello roland1,

1. Which form factor are you looking for? (e.g. USB, cDAQ, PCI, PXI, etc.)
  2. What voltage ranges and resolution do you require?
  3. Also, what requirements do you have for synchronization?

Would the USB 6255 work for your application needs? It has 80 single-ended analog input channels and has an aggregate sampling rate of 750 kS/s. Also, while this device does not have simultaneous sampling (due to sharing ADC among various channels), the acquisition can still be synchronized to a common clock and trigger.

If you would like to talk through any of these recommendations over the phone, please do not hesitate to contact some of our engineers at (888) 280-7645.

Best regards,

Ryan B.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,858 Views)

Hello Roland,

If your are using PXI hardware, synchronization is build-in. You "just" have to identify the chassis type in MAX. PXI/PXIe chassis backplane include dedicated line to provide synchronization between different PXI/PXIe modules. See here for some information about the PXI architecture.

Using PCI hardware, RTSI cable will allow you to share clocks and triggers between multiple boards. It has the same kind of effect that PXI/PXIe chassis backblane (see also here).

For USB hardware, you may have to wire "externally" a clock (and perhaps a trigger) from one hardware to another.

Hope this helps...

PS : simultaneous answer with Ryan B. Note that 750kS/s (max agregate) divided by 48 channels is only 15.625kS/s per channel, instead of 32kS/s.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,853 Views)

Thanks, I'm looking for PCI, voltage range 2V peak-to-peak with 1.25V DC bias, 16-bit res is fine. I don't know about the sync requirement. Ideally I have a single board, that's how synced it should be. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,834 Views)