Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSI stepper motor control

Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have a HSI captive stepper motor that is going to be driven by an IMS483IE driver - http://www.imshome.com/im483i_ie.html. I only need to drive the motor forward and then program a trigger (in Labview) such that when a certain point is reached the motor will reverse. I have a SCC-2345 board and was considering the SSCD001 single channel digital output module to send a signal to the motor driver for either forward or reverse control. I didn't want to have to go down the costly road of using a dedicated motion control board etc., Does anyone see any limitations to this setup or have encountered something similar?

Cheers,
Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,020 Views)
Hello uqdave84,

Per your description, you should be able to use the SCC-DO01 to control the direction so as long as your controller can determine the direction in which to control the motor by reading the state of a digital signal.
What I am a little worried about though is how you will determine where to send the trigger. Will you be reading some other signal that you will use to determine when to send the trigger? If so, how are you reading that signal?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,009 Views)
Thanks for the reply,

I also have a sensitive scale connected via the COM port of the PC I am using which is measuring the load applied by the stepper motor. The data is being read in LabView as string data. When the load on the scale reaches a certain point I wish for the motor to change directions.

Cheers,
Dave
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,005 Views)
Good then. If you can read that data and can determine when to change direction and if you can change direction just by controlling a digital signal, then the SCC-DO01 should work.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,989 Views)