Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gray Hill 24 channel I/O Board to CB-50LP to USB 6221

I am trying to make the following setup work with the USB 6221 Multi-Function DAQ. 

Gray Hill 24 Channel I/O Board (P/N 70RMCK24HS)  50pin connector on it.  
CB-50LP I/O Connector Block.

I am looking for any type of cable adapters or other solutions that may work.  

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,265 Views)
Hello adam12,

Thanks for your post.

If I read you correctly, are you wanting to connect the Gray Hill 24 Channel I/O Board to the 50 pin CB-50LP I/O connector block and then connect that to the USB 6221? Since the USB 6221 has individual inputs for each channel then perhaps using a multi conductor twisted pair cable might be the best bet. This will allow you to go form the CB-50LP to the USB 6221 and be able to make changes as needed. The fact that the USB-6221 has screw terminal connections limits you to the different connectors you can attach. Please post back if you have any questions.

Corby_B
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,241 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

You are correct in what i am trying to accomplish.   I am still looking for something that shows the pinouts from the CB-50LP to the USB 6221.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,230 Views)
Hello adam12,

Thanks for your post back.  For the pinouts of the USB 6221 take a look at the link below. It is a .pdf document that shows the pinouts for all versions of the USB 6221.

NI 622x Specifications

As for the CB-50LP, it shows on the deminsions drawing that the pin assignments are labled on the connector block. So pin 1,2,49 and 50 should be indicated on the board its self and the numbers incroment accordingly. Below is the deminsions drawing for the CB-50LP.

CB-50LP Dimensional Drawings

Now nowing the pin assignments this will allow you to wire the signals accordingly to the USB-6221 from your Gray Hill 24 Channel I/O board. Please post back if you have any other questions.

Corby_B
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,215 Views)
Hi there,

I don't think you need a cable or an adaptor.. The pinout and drawings of the 6221 don't show it, but you can remove the big cover off of it, and underneath there are two connectors. One is a 50 pin, and one is a 32 pin. You can just run a ribbon cable from the Grayhill to the 6221, and not even bother with the CB50-LP..

I really wish they would document the existance of those connectors a little better, it took me days to find mine..Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,107 Views)
Thanks for the post,

I believe its not documented so well on the USB version because an OEM version is sold that is very similar internally to the USB-6221 that you are using. 🙂

NI USB-6221 OEM

That would also be a great product suggestion

Product Suggestion Center

Post back if you have any questions
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,085 Views)