Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started with cDAQ-9181

Solved!
Go to solution

I've got my cDAQ9181 plugged in to computer via ethernet.

Also a 9213TC module in the 9181.

MAX/windows is unable to detect either one.

Should I be using MAX or something else?

What drivers do I need?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,259 Views)

Update:

Downloaded NI-DAQmx 18.0.0 and installing now. I checked to make sure the driver is compatible with both 9181 and 9213. Hope everything goes smooth

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,239 Views)

It seems like you found the right driver! One other thing you might want to check is the LabVIEW version compatibility and making sure that the correct version is installed before you install the driver. Best of luck! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,224 Views)

Looks like DAQmx is not showing up in measurement I/O in labview (using labview 2014SP). Every time I try to open "Find hardware driver" in labview drop down menu it crashes the program and have to restart.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,209 Views)

Update: I can open NI instrument driver finder now, apparently it doesn't like to run at the same time MAX is running. But, instrument driver finder does not detect the DAQmx for cDAQ9181 or 9213. They are plugged in and MAX is running them just fine.

Do I need to put the DAQmx drivers in a different folder perhaps?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,206 Views)

So daqmx18 is not compatible with labview2014sp1. Now what?Nowwhatx..PNG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,202 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LabNoob14

Hi!

You have 2 different options. You can either upgrade your LabVIEW version or revert to an earlier version of NI-DAQmx.

Here is a link to the compatibility table for your reference

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53326/en/

Message 7 of 8
(3,189 Views)

I ended up reverting the drivers to 17.6 I think it was. It shows compatibility in the download description if one uses the drop down menus.

All is good for now

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,173 Views)