Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Error -200361 after start/stop of the data acquisition (USB-6009), DAQmx 9.2.2

I’m keep getting Error -200361 if I switch on and off continuous data acquisition process of the USB-6009 card (sometimes it requires several switching it on and of several times before the error actually happens). It happens even on the test panel.

The problem is that after it happens, USB-6009 can't be reset to normal operation until it physically disconnected from the USB and reconnected again.

It passes self test, but Reset Device option does not have any effect in spite the fact that it displays a success message.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 37
(5,837 Views)

Hi miki,

You might find the following Knowledge Base useful:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/611475F9BE62881E86256FDC0062B1BB?OpenDocument

This issue has been resolved before by uninstalling the USB device from the Windows device manager and removed from the USB bus.

Regards,
Efrain G.
National Instruments
Visit http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/ for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 37
(5,812 Views)

I've already read this topic previously, but unfortunately this case is not the same.

I am not receiving this (or any other) error during the data acquisition process. The error happens only after the data acquisition has been switched off and then on again. It may not happen right away after the first switch off and on, but after several times the error appears during switching on the data acquisition process.

To restore the normal operation also there is no need in uninstalling and installing the device from the Measurement and Automation explorer (which I also tried), it is enough just to unplug it and re-plug it again. But until it was unplugged and plugged again any other reset operation does not have any effect.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 37
(5,809 Views)

Dear miki

I am sure that you have already tried this, but I figured I should ask anyways. Does this happen on other USB ports or other computers?

Regards,
Efrain G.
National Instruments
Visit http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/ for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 37
(5,785 Views)

This happens on all USB ports of some PCs, but on other computers it doesn't happen at all and unfortunately I can't see the pattern.

For example, I have a new DELL laptop Studio 1557 and it happens on all its ports, but, for example an older DELL Latitude E610 does not have this problem,

May be it is a function of the USB chipset? I measured the voltage on both computers USB ports, but both have almost the same 5 ~ 5.1 V.

Both have identical NI DAQmx drivers.

What could be the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 37
(5,781 Views)

Just like you mention, it looks like this is a computer specific problem. I would recommend you to update your USB drivers on the Device manager of the computer where you are experiencing this issue.

Regards,
Efrain G.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 37
(5,753 Views)

I'm getting what seems to be the same error as the original poster.  All of my USB drivers are "Up to date" according to the device manager.  Do you have anyother suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 37
(5,298 Views)

Hey Steven,

This is Paul with Applications Engineering at NI.

Could you post your PC setup?  IE: Computer brand and chipset (Dell XXXX with i7 etc), OS (Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit etc)

If you are using a Dell system with an Intel chipset on Windows 7, then this has been a documented problem covered in Correction Action Reports (CARs) 281228 and 223649.

Unfortunately at this time I can only offer a few suggestions of what people have done to mitigate their problems.

The first thing I would suggest is to update your DAQmx drivers to 9.3.0 if you haven't done so already (http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2337/lang/en).  I do not see any documentation in the 9.2.3 or 9.3.0 logs indicating this problem had been addressed, but it may have.

The issue ultimately comes down to an issue of USB latency, and there are a few things you can try to improve this latency.

Changing the Power Management settings to “High Performance” can improve performance. Users can change power settings from Control Panel»Power Options.

Another way people have worked around this problem is to try using an USB hub.  It's not clear why it works, but it does seem to offer improved perfomance.  

Additionally, try using different USB ports, because your different USB roots could be getting taxed differently.

Let us know if any of those tricks help, and what your system configuration is.  I don't know that there is going to be an immediate solution given that there are CARs already filed on the issue, but we'll do what we can to help you get up and running.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
Product Owner - ni.com Chat
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 37
(5,278 Views)

Hey Paul,

I also encountered the Error -200361 problem with the USB-6009.

It was also the problem with the stop/start of the device (to change the sample rate) and not during the acquisition of data.I also had to "cold reset" the device (unplug and plug the USB connector) to get it working again.

After reading your post I changed the Power Management settings to “High Performance” and installed the latest DAQmx driver (9.3.5). None of this solved the problem!

But after using an USB repeater cable all works fine now!

For me, it seems the "old" USB interface of the 6009 device has some issues (eg. is in somewhatever way timing critical to the signals on the bus!?) with the "new" USB ports of (in this case) an Acer Notebook with I5 processor and WIN7 Professional 64. Using an (old) USB2.0 repeater cable or hub the 6009 can talk to without getting stuck. And the hub has no problems with the ports of your Notebook or PC.

Regards,

Thilo

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 37
(5,030 Views)

Hi

I am also having a problem with ‘onboard device memory overflow 200361’.

I am using a Dell Latitude (new) and a USB-6009. I am running a 2011 Labview example program ContAcq+Graph Voltage-Int Clock.vi. Nidaq 9.4

Windows 7, 32 bit

On an XP computer all is OK using same USB-6009

On the Win 7 computer I can run it the first time indefinitely, stop the program and run it again then error occurs. Alternatively I can run it, say, twice for 15 seconds and then the third time the error appears.

If I unplug the USB-6009 momentarily I can restart the program without error.

When the error occurs I can see the device in MAX, self test and reset. It returns a timeout error 200474 if the test panel is tried.

The results have been similar for 100Hz and 10KHz collection rates.

I have tried adding a Stop Task and also have tried adjusting the ‘input bufSize’ via the Daqmx buffer property node

There have been, I have noticed, some similar posts but not any resolution to this particular problem.

I have tried a new Dell Optiplex...same proble.

I have added a usb hub...no luck...

...any further news...?

Message 10 of 37
(4,954 Views)