Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generation and Acquisition synchronization with software trigger

Hi all,

I use a USB acquisition/generation board (USB-6211) from NI, and Labview software for the code implementation (verson 2011). In my application, I want to generate a waveform and acquire two analog inputs in same time, It means the generation and the acquisition have to be synchronized with a trigger. To do that, I use a digital input has trigger and I wired a cable from this digital input to a digital output that I use for the software trigger. My questions is how to implemente this synchronization in a optimal manner. is there any example that can be usefull for my application?

Regards,

Cedric

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,749 Views)

The use of DI/DO is unnecessary, you can route the ai/StartTrigger or ao/StartTrigger signals internally.  

If you're just looking to run the AI/AO tasks at the same time synchronized with a start trigger, see this example.  The "software start trigger" is issued by calling DAQmx Start for the master task (the AI Task in the example).  If you have more specific requirements you'll have to specify.

It's worth noting that multiple AI channels will not be sampled simultaneously as the 6211 has multiplexed inputs.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,743 Views)